Fragmynt Exchange Network
Blazingly fast, infinitely scalable, & EVM-compatible blockchain built to bring capital markets to the decentralized world.
What's wrong with the status quo?
- Inequitable: Seedy practices such as dark pools, payment for order flow, predatory market making, exorbitant fees etc. creates an ecosystem that benefits the largest banks, hedge funds and institutional traders at the expense of the smaller investor.
- Inefficient: Trillions of dollars are locked up by a cornucopia of needless intermediaries: markets makers, share transfer agents, depositories, stock brokers - hoarding capital and charging fees - all money that could be used elsewhere to create value.
- Inaccessible: Globally, almost 2 billion people (the majority in developing nations) remain unbanked — without an account at a financial institution or through a mobile money provider. This is despite the presence of high mobile usage and internet connectivity worldwide.
- Limited: Endless red tape and regulatory clashes at borders stifles innovation and prevents the creation of products that benefit new generations of participants.
Why it's hard for builders.
Even though existing players, in the best spirit, attempt to promote innovation to build better capital markets: the fact of the matter is — building capital markets is hard.
- Liquidity is unpredictable: New markets are illiquid where rug pulls, bank runs & whale dumps are a common occurrence.
- Security is arduous: Maintaining market security from extreme actors, KYC clearances & asset management are a full-time tasks.
- Initialization is expensive: Markets require significant collateralization rates, audit fees & org overhead just to get started.
- Credit is expensive: Getting started is the hardest part; with no available credit on decentralized networks, it just gets so much harder.
Why it sucks for users.
Users using the current DeFi ecosystem don't have it much better either. As a matter of fact, only 1% of Ethereum users have used Defi, and only 10 million people in the world have every had an ethereum address — we are still a long way from global adoption.
- Low-quality transactions: Different wallet interfaces, varying transaction speeds & every increasing gas costs heighten the technical burden.
- Unusable interfaces: Though many protocols are beautifully written & provide tremendous value; the average crypto interface is far worse than what web2 can offer.
- Limited assets: The average user really wants to invest (actually, every 4 out of people want to invest their money) but with the knowledge burden of that comes with assets like wrapped Ethereum, it is simply not feasible.
- Unstable instruments: Every pump-n-dump scheme, every algo stablecoin collapse & protocol hack erodes trusts & makes it harder for users to enjoy what DeFi has to offer.
How does FEN help?
FEN is built with one goal in mind: make markets more effecient, equitable & easy. Not only does the FEN community help developers with low level contract offerings, indexing & APIs; it also helps users access all their favourite protocols with simple interfaces, insured security & predictable transactions.
- Precise liquidity: FEN's embedded market protocol allows developers to instrantly generate markets on any asset, without any overhead.
- ZK identity: With a single source of truth — decentralized credit scores, content sharing & much more is possible.
- Secure reliability: FEN is built to handle volumes & speeds of spot exchanges, with as little gas friction as possible.
- Seamless compatibility: EVM-compatibility, and embeeded protocols ensure that users don't have to switch what they're alreade comfortable with, and developers can continue to use tools that they love.
FEN's ecosystem is young & ambitious, with developers buidling across verticals & layers.